Jennifer is the co-owner of Ashkar & Co. Jennifer has worked in mental health in administrative capacities since 2011 and has worked with children in various roles during this time. She has completed a Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) and will subsequently be working towards registration as a psychologist upon completion of her research studies.
Jennifer is especially interested in working with children with disabilities, learning disorders and developmental delays - and has a growing body of experience in this area. Jennifer is a facilitator of our social skills groups for children and young people, she works as a therapy assistant under the NDIS, and has worked as an SLSO in the public school system.
Jennifer currently holds the following certificates:
- Working with Children Check
- Anaphylaxis treatment and response
- Child Protection
- First Aid
Jennifer holds the following accreditations:
- Facilitator LEGO-Based Therapy for Social Competence
- Facilitator of the Zones of Regulation Curriculum
- Creative Ways to Help Kids Manage Big Emotions (Child Specific CBT)
Jennifer has completed the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) - University of New England